Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Few Notes About Visible


Much gratitude to whoever found you Les Visible, and got you to hospital. Thank you too, Susanne for being, among whatever else you might be to Visible, a staunch friend to him.


Vis; what a horrible, horrible thing to happen; it would be bad enough if it had happened in the company of others and in a "safe place"; that you hurt yourself badly while alone and isolated (and in near freezing temperatures I guess) - and then had to wait many hours, and in a lot of pain, for help which might not even arrive, must have been challenging, and then some. I'm truly sorry for what you've gone through (going through) and I'm just one of thousands+ who I know will be wishing you well.

James Jancik has created a Get Well soon, Les Visible!healing meditation for Visible - it is so worth listening to, and more than once. Thanks James and sorry it's taken me an age to get it linked to.

Meanwhile - and this is for Mouser, or anyone else who has been in touch with Vis; what does he need, or will he need? Has he got a laptop with him, or access to one? If he hasn't and is going to need one, please let us know and I hope we can arrange to get one out to him. Any other equipment he needs, fresh clothes or whatever? Would he like some visitors? Yes, no? And if yes, let's get that sorted - perhaps we could crowd fund something...? Of course, if he's in grumpy mode then visiting him might not be a great idea. Mouser, give us any feedback please.

Maybe a chat-room here on the page could yield something positive; if Vis isn't going to be posting for a few days (or more?) then we might at least chat among ourselves. Who is up for a chat room? I might just put one up anyway, even if I end up talking to myself.

Finally, sorry again James it's taken me hours to get the meditation link up - am having all manner of computer problems here; likewise sorry Guldur, Dawn, Est I've not been able to acknowledge your mails yet.


God bless Les Visible - and thank you God that Vis is Get Well soon, Les Visible!alive



GET WELL SOON, VIS
Real time chat if you want to send Vis a get well message or to talk about the best way we're going to get a laptop or tablet (plus whatever else he is going to need) to him. Registering for chat takes 5 seconds and it all happens within the confines of the box below. If you've registered before but can't remember your password or username please drop a line to the3rdelf@lesvisible.com.

And just to keep things simple, if you're known as (e.g.) "Patrick" when commenting on Vis' blogs, then please register as "Patrick" in the box below.








Get well soon, Visible

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened? I am so sorry to read this news, and am not one to post very often, but have been blessed with a few email exchanges with Les. I thought something wasn't right by the lack of new writings. Please know I will meditate for his full and healthy recovery, it is the least I can do for him for all he has done for me.
Gretchen

The 3rd Elf said...

Gretchen (and anyone else who isn't aware) - sorry, I didn't intend to be cryptic when I wrote this post. I sort of assumed anyone finding their way to this more obscure corner of Visible's blogs would already know about his accident.

Apparently Vis fell from a ladder while renovating his new home. This was about 4 - 5 days ago. Bad enough that he broke his hip but he was alone when it happened, it's miles from anywhere and despite it being July, it's freezing in his neck of the world.... so as I understand it, he was laying in pain for many hours and unable to move, freezing his bits off and (possibly) not knowing whether the cold or shock would take him before an ambulance would.

Anonymous said...

Thanks (to all) for the updates and meditation. I pray he makes a full recovery, without any unnecessary unease, and may we all heal well.

Anaughty Mouser said...

Visible is in palliative mode thanks to the opioids.
He does need something though...a laptop or an Iphone with a prepaid internet carrier USB Stich so he can log on to the internet.
The phone text message was garbbled but I could see it was hin so I phoned and got through,
Do we want to all send10$ to Joachim (his landlord) so that a tablett or Iphone with USB prepaid internet access.
I have Joachims tel and address if this is a good idea.
It would allow Visible to do what he does best, write.

Matt McCauley said...

I was afraid of this in the last few days. Ladders... always knew that if something happened to Visible that I could reread origami just about forever, they are that powerful.

Swift healing Guru. I'll be here when you're back.

est said...

glenn,
how can i send a 100 bucks ?
i know it ain't much, simply an offering
i have a debit card, [no pay-pal] please instruct
est

BCii said...

Loving thoughts and prayers go out to you, Visible, as you recover from this unexpected blow. I'm not in a position to offer any concrete help, unfortunately, but I know you will be needing somebody (or several somebodies) there once you get home. That renovation isn't going to do itself. I hope universe is well disposed toward providing you with all the assistance you will need, and I am certain that you will pull through and be back with us in time.

Love,
William

barbarossa58 said...

Recover soon, my friend...

The 3rd Elf said...

Thomas Farber, if you read this can you please email me at:

the3rdelf@lesvisible.com

Or if anyone knows how I can contact him can you please get in touch? - thank you.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Les, and look on the bright side, more time to write! Please help with a donation to Les so he can get a laptop ASAP.

Love Rob

DAD said...

The Visable friend , I know that you are strong when weak and will pull through in fine form. I pray your days are filled with peace and your healing is speedy. Even though we may never meet you are a dear person to me and hope this day brings a smile ,like the last video you posted . Love you brother. David

The 3rd Elf said...

I spoke to Vis again this afternoon, he sounds a lot brighter. I have the address of the hospital, but before I publish it:

I need first to determine how much longer he's going to be there. I understand that he is going to be transferred elsewhere for rehab treatment - and should that transfer happen as soon as say, 2 - 5 days from now, I can see a situation where a deluge of flowers, chocolates, cakes, acid tabs and marijuana disguised as teddy bears descends upon the hospital from all points of the globe and they end up donating it all to the children's ward. Not a bad thing necessarily, though in my opinion, children eat too many chocolates anyway.

Let me first determine how long it's going to be until he is moved into the rehab unit, its address and for how long he's going to be there (my understanding is that he will be in rehab a good bit longer than he has been / will have been in hospital - there will then be a sufficiently large time frame for any gifts sent, regardless of where from, to reach Vis).

This is not to say that I'm not going to divulge the address of the hospital. Let me see what info comes in over the next few hours.

Thanks to everyone who has written, and sorry if I've not yet answered. I will!

Love To Push Those Buttons said...

I wouldn't publish his whereabouts on-line. Who knows who's out to get 'im. Isn't there a PO box, or something like that that things can be sent to, and a trusted someone can pick it up?

Anonymous said...

Dear Les,so sorry to hear of your pain and misfortune. I will include you in my prayers and want to thank you for all the truth and wisdom I have read in your blogs. You are truly a Great Beacon in a world of increasing darkness. May God and His Angels look after you and grant you peace and wellness.

The 3rd Elf said...

Here's an update of sorts:

A local(ish) 500km distant German reader, Michael is en route today to visit Vis. He's taking him a few essentials and I'm hoping that he might help Vis get online. I was mistaken in a previous comment - Visible isn't and hasn't been online the last however many days (not that I'm aware of, anyway) because although he has his laptop with him, there is no internet facility in the ward (hospital?) where he is.

Anyway, Michael set out a couple of hours ago and I'm going to assume that he'll get to Visible sometime this afternoon. Looking forward now (I think) to whatever feedback Michael can give us.

Finally, sorry if you've written and I've still not responded. My PC is quite poorly too, the last couple of days.

Anonymous said...

●○●○●○●○●★☆★

This is an open forum for readers of other blogs. I, Les Visible, am not responsible for entries, links or comments posted by anyone but myself. The same rules for commenting apply here as at any of the other blogs and that is noted at those other locations.

Time Stamp on Siamese Mirrors Comments is
Central European Time.